Cypress Parking Garage, built in 2005, is the newest of three parking garages in the core of the Fort Lauderdale – Hollywood International Airport (FLL) campus. It is a multi-use facility which houses over six thousand parking spaces, a three-story rental car center, with a dozen fleet operators and retail, and an entire level dedicated to rental car refueling, servicing and detailing.
The structure contains many sustainability features including accommodations for electric vehicle charging and tire inflation, green management practices, an electric utility vehicle fleet and a free shuttle to downtown destinations. The building systems are optimized by an advanced building management system which monitors and controls the HVAC, fire suppression, air quality, elevators and lighting.
Placemaking features have been implemented throughout the design, as Cypress Garage was constructed with an artistic blue and white paneled exterior façade and is buffered by a ring of green landscaped space and palm trees offering peaceful respite from the noise of the street and runways. Inside the garage, there are several expansive art and design features built into the rental car center walls, floors and even the lighting.
- Active member of Ft Lauderdale TMA
- Conducted a full ASHRAE building systems commissioning
- LEED Green Associate as member of parking management team
- Extensive placemaking including fantastic works of art and serene green spaces
- Complimentary Sun Trolley transit option to city center
- Use of alternative fuel (electric) utility vehicles for parking operations
- Integration of statewide SunPass toll transponder into payment system
Technology & structure design highlights:
- Access to EV charging
- Advanced, efficient HVAC System
- Comprehensive airport-wide stormwater management
Cypress Garage is the first on-airport parking garage facility in the world to be certified for environmental sustainability under GBCI’s Parksmart certification program.
“FLL’s Parksmart Certification is a win-win strategy to increase customer satisfaction, lower operating costs and benefit the environment and local community.” - Pam Brown, Senior Vice President for airport business development at SP+,