Palm Parking Garage, built in 1986, was the first of three parking garages constructed in the core of the Fort Lauderdale – Hollywood International Airport (FLL) campus. The facility contains many sustainability features, including accommodations for electric vehicle charging and tire inflation, an electric utility vehicle fleet and a free shuttle to downtown destinations.
Placemaking features have been implemented throughout the design, with an esplanade containing green space and umbrella tables, and a pet relief area with its own fire hydrant. As the facility closest to the terminals, Palm Garage welcomes visitors to the city by way of a palm tree-lined interior courtyard guiding visitors into the heart of the parking campus.
- Car wash water reclamation
- Active member of Ft Lauderdale TMA
- Locally sourced labor pools used in all renovations
- Extensive placemaking including picnic areas, green spaces and pet relief area
- Single Space Wayfinding
- Complimentary Sun Trolley transit to city center
- Use of alternative fuel (electric) utility vehicles for parking operations
Technology & structure design highlights:
- Electric Vehicle charging
- Comprehensive airport-wide stormwater management
- Cell phone lot to reduce idling and congestion
Ft Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport is the first airport-wide campus in the world to be awarded Parksmart Certification and contains the first three Parksmart sites certified in Florida.